Netflix’s Outer Banks was the runaway No. 1 program in Nielsen’s streaming rankings for the primary week of August.
After ending an in depth second to All American within the earlier week, Outer Banks banked significantly extra viewing time within the week of Aug. 2-8. The drama had 2.1 billion minutes of watch time for the week, a 48 p.c bounce from 1.42 billion minutes for July 26-Aug. 1.
The sequence additionally had a giant lead over the reveals beneath it within the rankings. Outer Banks had 943 million extra minutes of watch time than All American (1.157 billion minutes), the No. 2 title total on Amazon, Disney+, Hulu and Netflix. Its margin was even greater amongst unique sequence, the place it was almost 4 occasions greater than the second-ranked present, Virgin River (547 million).
In a rarity for current months, Netflix occupied all 10 of the unique sequence slots in a interval the place the opposite three streamers Nielsen measures didn’t have a lot in the best way of recent or current releases. The week was additionally the ultimate week of the Summer season Olympics, which dominated conventional TV.
Nielsen’s streaming rankings cowl viewing on TV units solely and don’t embrace minutes watched on computer systems or cell gadgets. The rankings solely measure U.S. audiences, not these in different international locations, and at present solely embrace Amazon, Disney+, Hulu and Netflix.
Nielsen’s prime streaming sequence for Aug. 2-8 are beneath.
1. Outer Banks (Netflix), 2.1 billion minutes considered
2. Virgin River (Netflix), 547 million
3. Cocaine Cowboys: The Kings of Miami (Netflix), 321 million
4. Prime Secret UFO Tasks Declassified (Netflix), 288 million
5. Automobile Masters: Rust to Riches (Netflix), 280 million
6. Love Is Blind (Netflix), 236 million
7. The Snitch Cartel: Origins (Netflix), 227 million
8. Hit & Run (Netflix), 226 million
9. Lucifer (Netflix), 223 million
10. Glow Up (Netflix), 220 million
1. All American (Netflix), 1.16 billion minutes
2. The Strolling Lifeless (Netflix), 720 million
3. Cocomelon (Netflix), 705 million
4. Gray’s Anatomy (Netflix), 670 million
5. Prison Minds (Netflix), 579 million
6. Chicago Med (Netflix), 544 million
7. NCIS (Netflix), 530 million
8. Manifest (Netflix), 501 million
9. The Flash (Netflix), 472 million
10. Supernatural (Netflix), 368 million